Interpretek is an approved RID Sponsor for Continuing Education Activities. This professional studies program is offered for 0.60 CEUs at the Little/None Content Knowledge Level.
This Beginner Protactile workshop aims to introduce interpreters to protactile. Facilitators will explain basic protactile concepts, analyze how distantism influences experiences, guide participants through hands-on practice of protactile interpretation, teach Prompt Adopt Touch, teach and practice co-navigation skills and discuss all seven protactile principles.
- Educational Objectives:
• Demonstrate the proper hand placement and use in protactile, and learn about different functions of speaking and listening hands
• Reflect and assess on how Distantism influences our experiences
• Examine all seven protactile principles through small group learning and discussions
• Construct and create protactile sign language using objects, through Prompt Adopt Touch
• Demonstrate and develop new meanings and processes through hands-on activities
• Translate and interpret from one language to protactile language through various immersive experiences
• Examine and explore the importance of CoNavigation skills in protactile interpreting